Ireland’s student-led mental health movement
Wondering how to support someone or thinking of reaching out for the first time? Here's some advice from student's who've been through it on deciding who you should talk to or where to go for help. read more +
- Welcome to Please Talk Sites. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start ...+ read more
- Check out SpunOut's new campaign on recognising, managing and minimising anxiety.
SpunOut recognise the importance of looking after our mental health, and how difficult that can sometimes be. We all lead busy and fast-paced lives and often our mental health is neglected until it becomes a major problem.
One of the things that young people have been ...+ read more
Notice: Undefined variable: total in /var/www/vhosts/25/302030/webspace/httpdocs/pleasetalk.ie/assets/plugins/network-latest-posts/network-latest-posts.php on line 844
Please Talk UCD are hosting an "Open Your Mind!" festival from the 29th February to the 2nd March!
This is a chance for students to get involved in our mental health movement on campus, to gather more information about supports on campus, and to tackle the stigma!
For a list of events click ...+ read more
Notice: Undefined variable: three in /var/www/vhosts/25/302030/webspace/httpdocs/pleasetalk.ie/assets/themes/pt/custom-home-new.php on line 162
Notice: Undefined variable: two in /var/www/vhosts/25/302030/webspace/httpdocs/pleasetalk.ie/assets/themes/pt/custom-home-new.php on line 163
Notice: Undefined variable: three in /var/www/vhosts/25/302030/webspace/httpdocs/pleasetalk.ie/assets/themes/pt/custom-home-new.php on line 164
Notice: Undefined variable: two in /var/www/vhosts/25/302030/webspace/httpdocs/pleasetalk.ie/assets/themes/pt/custom-home-new.php on line 164
- When I was 12 I lost a family member to suicide. I remember a little bit after we found out I was sitting on my dads bed with him, he was crying unconsolably his head in his hands. I was just really confused. I genuinely didn’t have a clue what was going on. In April ... + read more
- I’m Nicola and first experienced mental health difficulties in my mid-twenties after an incident of self-harming. Today I use the scar as a daily reminder to be self-compassionate. Believe me I wasn’t always as grounded! From that first incident until my first hospital admission over twenty years later I survived outside the system without knowing ... + read more
- Hi my name is Kiera, I am an ordinary, outgoing girl. I laugh uncontrollably, I have a great sense of humour, I like meeting up with my friends and talking about boys, I have an amazing family, amazing friends and a job I love. I’m doing Social Care in college. I have my own car ... + read more